Topics covered in the previous years class
- General Linux administration tasks: system commands, shells, processes, file management.
- Installation and upgrade
- Kernel configuration and compilation
- Networking:fundamentals of TCP/IP, subnetting and routing; host configuration; network services.
- Network File System (NFS)
- Network Information Service (NIS)
- Kerberos authentication
- Unix and Windows connectivity: dual-boot, Samba.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Shell scripting: bash, grep, awk, sed
- Run levels, system startup and shutdown; scheduled tasks: at, cron
- Security topics
- Email services
- Computational Linux Clusters: MPI, Sun Grid Engine scheduler.
- DNS server
Most of the subjects will be the same. I'm planning to include the
- Virtualization:Xen, VirtualBOX, VMware.
- Code development: Makefile, compilation, debugging.